Instrumental Music Teaching: Strategies for Securing Maximum Motivation and Musical Achievement
Now you can have much of the guidance and insights about instrumental music teaching to be found here, plus much more, at your fingertips in handy paperback or convenient eBook format, for a low price. The first of two eminently readable handbooks, Instrumental Music Teaching, is available now.*
We all know that playing a musical instrument is not only immensely enjoyable and satisfying but that it has far-reaching implications for educational achievement and personal development that can last an entire lifetime. Yet, of the thousands upon thousands of young people who begin to learn musical instruments every year, only a relatively small proportion continue playing long enough to reap the untold, undisputed benefits. This is, in many ways, the greatest challenge facing the instrumental music teacher. Instrumental Music Teaching provides experienced and inexperienced teachers alike with solutions based on extensive experience not only of music education and education generally, but also as a composer, conductor and soloist, gained over the course of a successful career spanning more than four decades.
You will gain deeper understanding and appreciation of;
- The role of instrumental music in education
- Strategies for keeping young players motivated and reducing drop-out rates
- Approaches to teaching & learning that accelerate progress while maintaining motivation
- Guidance on how to facilitate focused, fruitful practice leading to accelerated achievement
- How to plan engaging, well-structured lessons with clear, all-encompassing learning objectives
- Preparation for graded exams that arises naturally out of day to day learning activity
- All adding up to greater satisfaction and fulfillment from your teaching!
Available in Kindle or Paperback editions. Download a FREE extract now at Amazon.co.uk and Amazon sites worldwide.
* The second book, Group Instrumental Teaching, will be available summer 2021