The experience I have gained from over thirty years’ experience and shared, via the widely-read articles on this site, have been collected together, expanded and updated in the form of my book Teaching Young Instrumentalists: Engagement and Motivation in Group Instrumental Teaching
Group teaching is not a second-rate option – it’s a holistic method that has much to offer in educational terms if the teacher is equipped with strategies for;
- Keeping everyone involved
- Managing mixed abilities
- Making best use of space and time available
- Maintaining motivation
Teaching Young Instrumentalists offers practical solutions for all of these as well as;
- Approaches to teaching & learning
- Ensuring effective practice
- Teaching musical literacy
- Planning & preparation
- An integrated approach to ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall exam preparation
Make your work with groups engaging for them and rewarding for you!
Available now, for Kindle or in paperback, on Amazon.com and related sites worldwide.